Meanings of the Colour Belts
- White Signifies innocence, as that of the beginning student who has no previous knowledge of Tae Kwon-Do.
- Yellow Signifies Earth, from which a plant sprouts and takes root as the Tae Kwon-Do foundation is being laid.
- Green Signifies the plant’s growth as Tae Kwon-Do skills begin to develop.
- Blue Signifies the heaven towards which the plants matures into a towering tree a straining in Tae Kwon-Do progresses.
- Red Signifies danger, cautioning the student to exercise control, and warning the opponent to stay away.
- Black Opposite of white, therefore signifying the maturity and proficiency in TaeKwon-Do. Also indicates the wearers’ imperviousness to darkness and fear.