Master Norman Creedon IX
ITF Ireland is the federation of Grand Master Norman Creedon. A 9th degree black belt in TaekwonDo and a 6th degree black belt in Hapkido, Master Creedon is one of the most senior instructors in Ireland.
Master Creedon is one of the early pioneers of TaekwonDo in Ireland and is one of the first people to teach TaekwonDo in his native Cork City. Master Creedon is no stranger to the sporting aspect of his art, having represented Cork and Ireland many times at national and international level. Throughout the 70’s and early 80’s he was one of the most consistent winners on the national tournament circuit, in both pattern and sparring competition.
In the mid 80’s he was responsible for hosting the U.C.C. Open Martial Art Championships, the largest open style tournament to be held in Ireland which featured top ranked competitors from the world of Karate, Kung Fu, Kenpo as well as TaekwonDo.
- The recipient of numerous citations and awards from both I.T.F. and W.T.F. he presently heads the University College Cork Korean Martial Arts Program as well as teaching Hapkido to the local police force.Promoted to 1st degree in 1977 (Grandmaster Rhee Ki Ha, Gen. Choi Hong Hi, Kim Jong Chan)
- Member of Irish team which participated in 2nd World TaekwonDo Championships in Oklahoma City, U.S.A. (I.T.F.) 1978. Promoted to 2nd degree in 1979 (Grandmaster Rhee Ki Ha)
- Member of Irish team which participated in European TaekwonDo Championship in London, England (I.T.F.) 1980
- Promoted to 3rd degree in 1981 (Grandmaster Rhee Ki Ha)
- Chosen as team member to represent Ireland in 3rd – World World Championships in Argentina 1981 (I.T.F.)
- Promoted to 4th degree in 1983 (Grandmaster Hee Il Cho)
- Captain of Irish team which participated in World TaekwonDo Championships in Los Angeles, U.S.A. 1986
- Promoted to 5th degree in 1986 (Grandmaster Ki Choong Han)
- Received letter of appreciation from Grandmaster Ki Choong Han 1987
- Received letter of appreciation from Grandmaster Moo Jin Lee (W.T.F.) 1988
- Trained withTaekwonDo pioneer Grandmaster Han Cha Kyo, Chicago, 1992
- Promoted to 6th degree in 1993 (Grandmaster Soo Se Cho)
- Received award of excellence from Grandmaster Soo Se Cho, 1999
- Promoted to 7th degree TaekwonDo 2001 (Grandmaster Ik Hwan Kim)
- Promoted to 5th degree Hapkido 2001 (Grandmaster Ik Hwan Kim)
- Instructor of University College Cork Martial Arts Program since 1988
- Coached numerous students to national and international level (I.T.F. & W.T.F.)
- Master Creedon acknowledges and thanks the following instructors for their valuable contribution down the years: Master Aidan Walshe, Grandmaster Rhee Ki Ha, Grandmaster Hee Il Cho, Grandmaster Ki Choong Han (deceased), Grandmaster Han Cha Kyo (deceased), Grandmaster Soo Se Cho, Grand Master Ik Hwan Kim.